Youth or Kid’s Ministry Intern
Sunset Church of Christ in Miami, FL is seeking summer interns for Youth Ministry and for Kid’s Ministry. The 10-week commitment includes a stipend of $2000 and housing. Expenses for ministry related activities will be provided. Interns are responsible for their own transportation.
Who We Are
- A diverse community learning to follow Jesus.
- Many distinct cultures are represented within our community.
- Classes, worship assemblies, and programs are offered in English and Spanish.
- Located at 12001 SW 72 Street, Miami, FL 33173.
- Fully participate in scheduled activities of Youth Ministry or Children’s Ministry.
- Create and lead activities assigned by the Youth and Family Minister or Children and Family Minister.
- Partner with the Youth and Family Minister or Children and Family Minister for all summer programming.
- Contribute to future planning for Youth or Children’s Ministry.
- Prepare and teach classes assigned to you.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings.
- Remain in close communication with Youth and Family Minister or Children and Family Minister.
- Develop relationships with students and their parents.
- Consider diverse perspectives of cultural groups within our community.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- History of active participation in church related activities.
- Vibrant and growing relationship with Christ.
- Completed sophomore year of college preferred.
- Communicate effectively with students, parents, and other ministers.
- Be a self-starter as well as a team player.
- Be able to commit to live in Miami from June 8th through August 11th.
Deadline to turn in applications is December 7th.
Follow the three steps below to complete your application:
Step 1: Fill out the Internship Application Form
Step 2: Upload your resume in PDF format.
Step 3: Upload a recent picture of yourself.
*Resumes MUST be in PDF format.
*Before uploading, makes sure that ALL files contain your first and last name in the filename (e.g. JohnSmith_resume.pdf ).